Professional Indemnity

Anyone who gives another person advice and/or services in a specialised field might be regarded as a professional. Professional Indemnity Insurance covers the legal liability resulting from professional negligence, error or omission while conducting your business as a professional.

Typical professions that require Professional Indemnity cover include;

  • Consultants
  • Building Inspectors
  • Engineers, Architects
  • Geotechnical Soil Engineers
  • Height Safety
  • Pest Controllers / Inspectors
  • Project Management,
  • Building Design & Construct Services
  • Surveyors
  • Accountants
  • Solicitors
  • Medical Service Providers
  • Business Advisors

These policies are written on a ‘claims made’ basis, which means claims can only be accepted when there is a current policy in force with an insurer. Retrospective cover can be arranged where the insured has ceased operations.

We have packages specifically tailored for professionals operating in the building and construction industry such as Draftspersons and Building Designers.